Footage gone from hi8 tape

ineseni 01:28 24 Nov 2016

Hi , I'm currently filming with my hi8 Sony camera and I recorded 40 min of a 90 min tape and everything was ok, I watched the whole 40 minutes that I filmed back and forth many times, and I even digitalized it to my computer. (Unfortunately the digitalization went wrong , so after I tried the first time and it was late in the night I went to sleep and in the next day I intended to repeat the process to figure the best way to do it.

The next day I watched the tape one more time before thinking in digitalizing again and after some hours I watched it again and there was no image. I played it back and forth and there wasn't information about the time in the display mode. It only said 00:00:00. The thing is, I didn't do anything possible for this to happen and I still could play the tape back and forth but there was no sound nor image - the screen was blue.

It's relevant to say that this had happened before once and I waited like a day to see if it was a transitory issue, and when I tried it again it work like before - so I thought I had just been stuck for a while. But now it has been like this for almost a week and I really really need the footage.

Is there anyone who can relate to this? if not, any advice?

Thanks in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Candid photography at home is helping Swedes to sell houses

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleures séries Netflix