Flash Blocked - help please

jarani 20:34 15 Jul 2007

how do I restore whatever I am missing please ?
jarani

VoG II 20:37 15 Jul 2007

Possibly click here then click here

Otherwise, can you provide as proper description of your problem?

woodchip 20:44 15 Jul 2007

Yes the title tells me nothing

jarani 21:05 15 Jul 2007

VoG - thank you for the interest

when I download any page , the page downloads with parts of it in a light yellow window with - in the top LH corner - a message " Flash Blocked " and in the centre " click to restore flash " which when clicked restores the picture , but only for that event

when next downloading , the problem remains - an example of it is the area immediately below this window where I am typing this massage

I recently downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader with some extensions - could this be a problem ? and how do I mend it please ? - jarani

skidzy 21:07 15 Jul 2007

Follow VoG™'s advice with uninstall and reinstall or try System restore.

algo mas 21:26 15 Jul 2007

As suggested and System restore. Go back to B4 you installed programme.Should then work.
Sometimes it is not worth upgrading a programme if you are happy with it.Some of these upgrades you will not use.

jarani 21:53 15 Jul 2007

Thank you all - I went to add/remove programs and removed the flash player - my problem is gone - I will report further when the flash player is reinstalled by VoG's second click - jarani

skidzy 21:58 15 Jul 2007

if any more problems try installing from click here

You really need to use the uninstaller from VoG™'s link,this will remove further entries that are missed when using add and remove programs.
And preferably done in safemode.

jarani 21:58 15 Jul 2007

I reinstalled the flash player and the problem returned - what can I do - my graddaughter needs it to watch films etc ? - jarani

anskyber 22:04 15 Jul 2007

Flashplayer will not always uninstall correctly using add/remove. Use VoG™ 's first link to use the Adobe uninstaller to clear it out properly then reinstall.

jarani 22:24 15 Jul 2007

uninstalled using VoG's first click - all is well

I dread any attempt at reinstalling using any method - will try VoG's second click and skidzy's click in turn but will leave it to tommorow now

it seems any download brings the problem back for some reason !

regards - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)