FixPix.inf (fix 2) problem

Ghloria 22:32 23 Jan 2003
  Ghloria 22:32 23 Jan 2003

I have done the preview FixPix.inf. However when I try to associate a Microsoft Photo editor with a jpg I lose the preview and Photo editor opens on selecting a jpg but is blank. I use win98 IE5.5 .

Glow

DieSse 01:41 24 Jan 2003

I think you may not have had an answer, because I, for one, don't know what you're saying.

What does "I have done the preview FixPix.inf" mean??

At least you'll get back to the top of the list.

Ghloria 01:53 24 Jan 2003

In folders I wasnt getting a preview picture. The fix for this being FixPix.inf. I have done this but,,,,,when I try to associate a Microsoft Photo editor with a jpg I lose the preview and Photo editor opens on selecting a jpg but is blank. I use win98 IE5.5 . But,,,,, I now have the preview.

Glow

DieSse 02:00 24 Jan 2003

So your problem is cleared, or only the preview part of it??

Ghloria 02:12 24 Jan 2003

I still have the problem,,which is,, when I dclick on a jpg "Photo Editor" opens blank

DieSse 09:14 24 Jan 2003

If you open Photo Editor, then use the file menu to find and open a file, does it work then?

Ghloria 10:20 24 Jan 2003

Yes, but I want to go from the file menu.

DieSse 17:32 24 Jan 2003

OK - now we know where the problem likely is - in the definition of the association.

In Explorer, go to Tools - Folder Options - File Types. Look down the registerd file types for the entry for JPG files.

Go into the edit section for Opening the file - it should look like

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PhotoEd\PHOTOED.EXE" "%1"

Complete with all the quotes, exactly as is.

It's the bit at the end "%1" which makes it open when you double click on the file you have selected - so if this is not there, or incorrect, then amend it.

Then try again.

DieSse 17:33 24 Jan 2003

PS - do the same for files of type JPEG if you also have this entry in the file type list.

Ghloria 21:02 24 Jan 2003

I was missing the end , "%1" ....

How very good of you to have shown the patience that you did.

Gloria

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?