First time building pc and it wont turn on

123enzo123 12:26 22 Sep 2019

When i try to turn on the pc absolutely nothing happens, i have tried using a screwdriver between the power pins and changed power supply but nothing happens. When the power supply switch is on my keyboard lights up, i dont know if that helps though. Specs: Gigabyte B450 DS3H motherboard, EVGA 500W psu, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor, Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb (2×8gb) ram, Corsair 200r case, Gigabyte rx 460 graphics card (taken from old pc).

I have checked all the wires multiple times and read all the documentation, i just dont get it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:15 22 Sep 2019

click here run through the check list and see if it helps.

MikeT85 22:51 26 Sep 2019

I suspect two things, either a faulty CPU, you can try re-seating it (take it out for about 10 seconds) Or the motherboard is short circuiting somewhere. Check your capacitors too if there are any swollen ones. Unplug any USB connections (you probably already tried that too I guess)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)