Firewire port

  Ex plorer 16:06 30 Sep 2005

Hi I need to know what a firewire port or connector looks like I know there is one on my pc it was part of the standard fixtures.

I have two large ports that a RJ-45 cable jack would fit into and they say Phone line at the side of them. I did order a modem and this must be them a bit bigger than what I used to have on my old PC.
Also line out and Mic jack points at the side of them as well.

A connector that looks like a video out with 9 pins.

A coaxial type connector plugin and AV out jack port side by side.

I know the rest of the ports etc.

I know they seem to be self explanatory but....


  De Marcus™ 16:13 30 Sep 2005
  Skills 16:14 30 Sep 2005

see here for what a full size firewire port looks like click here

And this one shows a mini firewire port click here

  woodchip 16:40 30 Sep 2005

In this Picture of one my XP comps. look at where the USB wires goes into the front panel there are firewire on both sides of the USB wires on the right of the Wires is a six pin Firewire on the left of the cables is a four pin or commonly Known as a DV firewire cable four pins.

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

  Ex plorer 16:42 30 Sep 2005

Yes got it erm did not see
this port its inline with two USB ports just out of my sight it is refered to in my mainboard book as an IEEE 1394 port and allows you to conect a IEEE 1394 device.Thats handy ha ha yep on the trail for IEEEEEEEEEEs

Thank you both for helping me out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?