fIREWALL BLOCKING INTERNET ACCESS

Stressed Mum 09:48 09 Nov 2009

Having sorted (I think) most of the other problems we have had on laptop - actually managed to get back to AVG 8.5 and load office 2007 and sort internet wifi connection out - I now cannot get internet access at all as the firewall is blocking it. If I turn firewall off there is no problem - but a little pointless having AVG if I am not using the firewall. AVG tech help take forever - is there anyone who knows how to help. Thanks. SM :(

birdface 10:04 09 Nov 2009

Sorry i cannot help but had AVG Security suite on trial and I must admit the Firewall put me off completely.
No doubt it is easy to configure it once that you get used to it,But I reverted back to Kerio Firewall which I always found easy to use.
I suppose it is just a matter of getting into the Firewall configuration and see if you can find the problem.
I think the FE uses it.So maybe get a few tips from him.

Stressed Mum 13:10 09 Nov 2009

I have tried all sorts! I have done exactly the same on the other PC's and they are fine - copied all the configurations to show the same on the laptop - but still not working. Perhaps something in the windows firewall configuration? Just not sure where to go from here - if the Forum Executive has a few tips I would be very grateful. Thank you. SM

john bunyan 13:17 09 Nov 2009

Maybe switch to PC Tools free firewall, See here.
click here

Stressed Mum 13:23 09 Nov 2009

Thanks - I have had a look at that with interest - but you know what has just clicked in... the other pc's are fine on AVG 8.5 with no problems with internet access and firewall switched on - but it's just the laptop - I have to switch firewall off for internet access - so is this something to do with wifi connections... bet it is - now I really do need help with that one as I don't have a clue! It must be to do with gateways or something perhaps - I really don't know..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?