Firefox Window On Startup (AutoCAD)

UserCrane 02:31 27 Aug 2018

This started to occur a few weeks ago, and I am not sure why. Once my pc has started up a firefox browser is open with two windows, one is about a session restore and another titled "Update your pc" and talks about a program called AutoCAD. I haven't installed anything recently and have never used an AutoCAD program before. I've scanned with norton and malwarebytes for a potential virus or adware, but no pup or other potential threat was found. Neither could I find a related program in the "startup" window in task manager.

difarn 15:39 27 Aug 2018

It sounds as if Firefox isn't closing properly. Try clicking ont he three-bar menu button top right, click on exit, then wait for Firefox to close down before powering down PC.

Have a look in Firefox add-ons (Tools - add-ons) to see if there is anything relating to Auto Cad - I assume you have checked in Programs to see if by any chance such an application has been downloaded? It is, I believe, a drafting sofrware application.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)