Firefox will not start

Prospero 21:10 11 Mar 2009

Firefox will not start. I have uninstalled Firefox and re-installed Firefox 3.0.7. This will not start but looking at Task Manager, this shows 25% cpu usage. In other words, it appears to try to run but does not complete the process.

Any ideas?

Technotiger 21:13 11 Mar 2009

Try a simple re-start of your computer.

Prospero 21:20 11 Mar 2009

Thanks Technotiger, but have tied that to no avail.

Technotiger 21:38 11 Mar 2009

Hmm, in that case I suggest that you do the uninstall/reinstall again, but this time do the uninstall using click here

When you are offered the option to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start, let Revo continue. When you get the option to Select all and to Delete, DO SO. After clicking on Finish, re-start your PC. Then re-download and install Firefox.

Prospero 09:31 12 Mar 2009

Hmm! I have a problem. I've done all that using Revo, selected and deleted the highlighted items. It still will not run and still shows 25% cpu usage. I have also tried to re-install Firefox folder from an earlier backup, but it will not let me.
Thanks again for your thoughts, Technotiger.

Andsome 09:35 12 Mar 2009

FF is more trouble than it's worth. Each to his own though, but having tried it once, NEVER AGAIN.

tullie 09:43 12 Mar 2009

As you say,each to their own.Ihave used Firefox for a considerable time with no issues.

Prospero 20:56 12 Mar 2009

Fixed at last. I followed info on a previous post in the helproom and found the Vista version of 'Documents & Settings' - 'Users' - 'Application Data' and deleted the file 'Mozilla'. I was then able to re-install.

Technotiger 21:12 12 Mar 2009

Grreat, thanks for your feedback. I was still thinking XP!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?