Firefox Quantum - Has anyon tried this? Thoughts?

AroundAgain 17:09 14 Nov 2017

Hi Much as the subject suggests, in that there seems to be a new version of Firefox that is claimed to be much faster and lighter

Has anyone tried this yet and, if so, what's the verdict, please? I thought I'd ask your opinions first, if you don't mind, before installing it (I've already got a lot installed so would rather not install it unless it's a marked improvement on Firefox (normal version) ;)

Many thanks

Govan1x 12:23 17 Nov 2017

Ahh no wonder I got that update then and nobody else did. I have had no problems with it so will stay with it for the time being. Thanks for the info. FE.

Pine Man 12:40 17 Nov 2017

Ahhh

caccy 18:28 18 Nov 2017

Have not had any problems. Still trying to get used to the new interface though. I also have come via Netscape and unless forced to only use Firefox or Waterfox.

Forum Editor 23:54 18 Nov 2017

I have been using this version as my default browser since installing it, and so far nothing has made me want to revise my first impression - it is appreciably faster than Chrome, and just as good in every other way.

In my book, Mozilla is onto a winner with this release.

difarn 00:29 19 Nov 2017

I agree with FE - so far very good.Still whizzing along.

Menzie 01:16 19 Nov 2017

It's a good solid browser and works wonderfully. My mobile version has updated too and is also faster. Not sure how it is on data usage but I like what I see so far.

AroundAgain 12:33 19 Nov 2017

Argn ... In spite of all your good reviews, I have decided to go back to the previous version. This is because ReminderFox is NOT compatible and so I've not got access to all the dates that I had in ReminderFox.

I'm not sure of the best way to revert back so I'll post a new questions regarding reverting back. It may, or maynot, be useful to others who also want to revert to previouis version.

Thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware Area 51m review

7 tips from a junior designer on breaking into the industry

New MacBook 2019 release date, price & specs rumours

Comment se d├ęsabonner de Netflix ?