firefox and java script query

conrail 21:28 30 Jan 2017

running windows 10 home with firefox, a friend has sent me an email with a link to view a youtube video, clicking on the link I get the message 'An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID HKePPg_bY40WSZY), the email also says if I can't view the video I need to enable Javascript in my browser, searching for information give me the following: To enable JavaScript for Mozilla Firefox: Click the Tools drop-down menu and select Options. Check the boxes next to Block pop-up windows, Load images automatically, and Enable JavaScript. Refresh your browser by right-clicking anywhere on the page and selecting Reload, or by using the Reload button in the toolbar. going into options I can see the Block Popup Windows is ticked but nothing about Load Images or Enable Javascript. I can view other youtube videos so can somebody please help and tell me what I am doing wrong, I can give the youtube link if required, all help and advice appreciated,

difarn 22:33 30 Jan 2017

Try doing this by going to the about:config pages in Firefox. You need to type this in the address bar, not into google search. Type Javascript.enable in the search box and you will see various Java options populated. Scroll down to Javascript.enable to see if it says true. If it isn't then right click on it and you should get a blue band and a drop down box that gives you the opportunity to toggle - you can then change it from false to true. Also you need to make sure that Java is up to date.

This article takes you through the steps:

click here

Secret-Squirrel 09:00 31 Jan 2017

Conrail, I doubt there's anything wrong with Javascript. If there is then you'd almost certainly notice other problems with other websites.

As a test, copy the link from the email and paste it into Internet Explorer's Address Bar.

..... I can give the youtube link if required......

That may be helpful.

conrail 13:50 31 Jan 2017

thanks guys, Difarn I get: javascript.enabled;true and services.sync.prefs.sync.javascript.enabled;true, there are no problems with any other youtube site although to be honest I don't visit youtube much. I did try the link on edge but again it says an error occurred, O will contact friend to see if there is another option, once again thank you for your help and advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs