Firefox hyperlinks stopped working

Zak 21:44 19 Nov 2004

Menu bar, far right "Go to the Firefox homepage"
and "Get more extensions" in the Extensions window (Tools, extensions) have stopped working. No response when the mouse pointer is over them and clicking.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

Also any pointers on how to fully uninstall Firefox, as when I reinstalled all my settings etc.. were still present.

Zak 21:56 19 Nov 2004

Valvegrid I am running Firefox 1.0. This is the first version I have installed.

Just checked Themes hyperlink and as you say this does not work either. These hyperlinks were definnitely working a couple of days ago.

Zak 21:58 19 Nov 2004

"The other way to try is go to Tools> Extensions as well." That's how I initially hit on this problem.

Zak 22:03 19 Nov 2004

Thanks for your comments Valvegrid. Probably need to wait and see. I'll leave the thread running for others and also maybe someone will have an answer.

Zak 22:08 19 Nov 2004

Just checked and all 3 boxes ticked.

Zak 22:23 19 Nov 2004

Just realised that I had not answered.

Using your "click here" link above I can access the Firefox extensions pages. I have no problems with hyperlinks on web pages.

Zak 10:42 20 Nov 2004

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

Also any pointers on how to fully uninstall Firefox, as when I reinstalled all my settings etc.. were still present.

Zak 16:10 20 Nov 2004

I have completely uninstalled as per advice received from Filipp0s on the Mozillazine Forum and reinstalled Firefox 1.0. All is now working correctly.

Here is Filipp0s advice:

To completely uninstall Firefox:

a. Backup; How
click here

b. Uninstall from Add/Remove programs

c. Remove your profile folder, location depends on OS:
click here

Zak 22:44 20 Nov 2004

You're welcome and thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?