Hot Topics

Firefox browser hijacked by Bing

muddypaws 13:50 13 Dec 2019

I haven't visited the forum for over a year so apologies if this has already been asked. Every time I open my F.Fox browser it redirects to Bing. I have tried all suggestions on line. Tried resetting browser via options/search dozens of times. Used Malwarebytes, and numerous other scans. I have steered clear of looking in the registry. Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

x13 21:03 13 Dec 2019

Try ADWcleaner. Failing that then use something such as Geek uninstaller to remove FF,

Link

muddypaws 11:50 14 Dec 2019

wee eddie: Tried Malwarebytes again, also their adware cleaner. Uninstalled FF with Geek.Restarted PC. Re-installed FF and still Get Bing!!! Driving me nuts.

x13 12:32 14 Dec 2019

Sorry to hear your issue is continuing. Any strange apps installed showing in Programs and features? Have a look at this comprehensive guide and run the suggestions for your OS and browser, including IE, even if you don't use it. Ignore the recommendation for SpyHunter.

Link

x13 13:01 14 Dec 2019

Another thing to check is scheduled tasks. Click on Start and start typing " task" then in the result window click on Task Scheduler. Check under Task Scheduler Library what's been set up. Example -

muddypaws 13:45 14 Dec 2019

x13 Thanks .No luck there I fear. Having a break now! Spent 1 hour on it. Using Chrome for the last week which when open shows the FF tool bar at the top with the FF 'getting started' tab. which opens, but can't gat sny further into FF. Cheers

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Where's our Galaxy S20 Ultra review?

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique