Firefox 2.0.0.11 Flaky?

I am Spartacus 11:58 06 Dec 2007

Since I upgraded to this version I'm having regular crashes with messages saying Firefox has to close.

I've updated my extensions and themes but the problem is still persisting.

Is there a setting I've missed? Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm tempted to uninstall and revert to version 9 again.

I am Spartacus 12:33 06 Dec 2007

Thanks Octal. Now on my laptop. I deleted the profile folder but then Firefox wouldn't start saying that a process was still running although it wasn't listed in task manager.

I rebooted and it still wouldn't run even after I re-installed it. I then tried a system restore and it wouldn't start at all, nothing in Task Manager either. I reinstalled it again and it tells me that Firefox is running already but doesn't start.

Now going to load a disk image backup and start again. Maybe this time I'll just delete the themes and extensions first.

I am Spartacus 12:43 06 Dec 2007

Before trying to load a disk image I did another system restore then un-installed version 11 and reinstalled version 9 and it open now. I'll see how I get on with this.

I am Spartacus 20:12 06 Dec 2007

You're right about it being a corrupt profile Octal. Even with version 9 and all the extension and add ons removed it's still crashing on a regular basis. I'll try and delete the profile without stuffing everything else up.

I am Spartacus 10:27 07 Dec 2007

I un-installed Firefox, deleted the Mozilla folder completely for documents and settings and reinstalled version 11. Unfortunately it's as flaky as ever and still is crashing.

No idea what to try next.

I am Spartacus 11:11 07 Dec 2007

Is it any good?

I am Spartacus 11:18 07 Dec 2007

I've been using Firefox since it was released and prefer it to any other browser (as does around 52% of the forum members). I would like to get it working again so would appreciate constructive help.

I am Spartacus 11:18 07 Dec 2007

Cheers anniesboy, I'll give it a try.

I am Spartacus 12:25 18 Dec 2007

It turned out to be tweaked settings after running diagnostic tools to identify faulty RAM.

I suspected I had a fault with my RAM and reset the BIOS settings to their defaults to run MemTest86 and the MS Diagnostics Tool. Once I'd identified and removed the faulty sticks for RMA I then overclocked the RAM again but forgot to up the voltages at the same time. Since increasing the voltages it's been rock solid again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)