Firefox 1.0 & Extensions/Themes/homepage

plsndrs3 15:47 22 Nov 2004

Hi all,

I have just upgraded Firefox from 0.9 to 1.0 and lost the 2 extensions I had & themes - although I kept my bookmarks intact [?] The only one I can't sort out is Adblock - it confirms downloading but gets no further. Mozilla website says it is OK from version 0.7 onwards, so I guess this should work. The tools>extensions doesn't list anything [even though I have WinAmp interface running OK] so I might assume from this that there are no extensions loaded. I am also having problems with themes as I cannot install these either. I have removed & reinstalled 1.0 without success and could go back to 0.9, but it is now a matter of principle !

Finally, I cannot remember how to change the homepage from Mozill.com to my preferred web page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Paul

Diodorus Siculus 15:54 22 Nov 2004

How did you install this version? A clean install is suggested as the best option (although I have always installed one over the other).

Tools, options, general, homepage: change homepage option.

Removing completely and installing again may help.

Export your bookmarks to save them.

Diodorus Siculus 15:54 22 Nov 2004

How did you install this version? A clean install is suggested as the best option (although I have always installed one over the other).

Tools, options, general, homepage: change homepage option.

Removing completely and installing again may help.

Export your bookmarks to save them.

plsndrs3 16:14 22 Nov 2004

Hi Diodorus Siculus. Thanks for your response.

This was an install over 0.9. I have already uninstalled 1.0, cleared the registry, rebooted and reinstalled without success in getting Adblock back.

Failing all else, I will reinstall 0.9 as I cannot see much diffeence between the two & I know that Adblock worked on that.

Will close this string tomorrow once I have exhausted my options :o) unless anyone has any further suggestions!

Regards,

Paul

Diodorus Siculus 16:49 22 Nov 2004

Can you save the adblock extension locally and then manually install it?

Diodorus Siculus 16:54 22 Nov 2004

click here and save to hdd.

Diodorus Siculus 16:54 22 Nov 2004

click here and save to hdd.

Stuartli 17:28 22 Nov 2004

There was a report in another thread in the forum that some of the extensions etc are lost when switching to Version 1.0.

Stuartli 17:32 22 Nov 2004

Re home page. Follow instructions as above whilst on your preferred home page and then click on Choose Current Page.

Lionheart ? 17:33 22 Nov 2004

This will tell you how to use the old extentions click here

plsndrs3 17:33 22 Nov 2004

Diodorus Siculus

Had a lot of problems deleting thIS program - the uninstall must have been corrupted so the unistall and add/remove in Control Panel wouldn't work. To add to the fun and games, I couldn't download another version as I had the most up to date ONE [!] Interestingly, on Control panel there were 2 Mozilla's listed - 1.0 & 1.0PR [pre-release?]. I had to delete the folder, use RegScrub XP & RegVac to remove the clutter & then Firefox would not do a clean install!

I have now downloaded Avant and am using that. It has a built in Ad Blocker, but does anyone know if you can download a WinAmp player interface like Firfox had?

Regards,

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)