Files not stored where I wish them to be.

RISC OS user 13:31 27 Jul 2014
Answered

How can I "run a program as Administrator" every time without having to go to the C drive and drill down to the actual application and right clicking the menu and clicking "Run as Administrator"? I am running the program Virtual Acorn and when I bring in files from a real Risc over the LAN the files appear to be stored in the correct place but if I then decide to delete one of these files I get an "Access Violation" error. On looking into C:\Users\Allan\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files The files I have just moved from the Real RiscPC to the Virtual Acorn Risc are there, and not where I wish them to be stored within the Virtual Acorn program files known as DardDisc 4. I normal sign in as the Administrator as I am the only person using the machine. Windows 8.1 is installed.

rdave13 13:45 27 Jul 2014

Right click the program's icon, select properties, compatibility tab, you should have a box to tick for 'Run this program as an administrator'.

RISC OS user 15:11 27 Jul 2014
Answer

Have re-set as suggested, but have not had time to run and check it. Thank you for your help, assuming all works well I will then close this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs