File Shredder and large number of files

Justin Taua 06:21 12 Aug 2016

Hello. I am trying to permanently erase about 67,000 files from my recycle bin and other places on my computer. I found these files as a result of a recovery program called 'Recuva'. Whilst Recuva shows a huge list of deleted files, I have no means of accessing and transferring these files to the 'File Shredder' that I also have on my computer thats running Windows 10. I'm thinking there must be an easy way of getting rid of so many files apart from the enter individual file or folder method as prescribed by the File Shredder program.Can you help me please?

BRYNIT 07:04 12 Aug 2016

Why do you need to shred these files? I would just empty the recycle bin.

File shredder is a program to eras "personal document" from your hard drive to prevent anyone recovering them. If you keep the original or updated files on the same drive it's a waste of time.

john bunyan 07:50 12 Aug 2016

You could put them all in a folder, delete it ( Windows may say it is too big for the recycle bin) then use CCleaner to wipe the free space in your PC - takes hours for, say, 3 passes

octal 07:58 12 Aug 2016

I'm not sure how Recuva works but it's likely a file recovery program soit is it possible it's just showing files that have been deleted but are still on the computer and those files will get overwritten in time?

robin_x 09:05 12 Aug 2016

1 pass is enough for free space wiping, unless you think GCHQ might have an interest in the drive

john bunyan 09:53 12 Aug 2016

This is a first time poster so I hope they reply, and not with a "recommended answer"!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?