File Settings Keep Changing

grahambastin 16:24 08 Feb 2010

The file settings for all my hundreds of files should be adjustable independently of others. Some files I want to be displayed as Thumbnails, some as a Filmstrip and others as Tiles. Within that I want some sub-files displayed in alphabetical order and some in date of modification order etc. I also want the Thumbnail Picture or Icon to stay on the Folder once set and not change.

So that is pretty basic and straightforward and what ought to happen. But I am finding my file settings changing against my will and I have discovered this is due to that file being wrongly linked to another file so they share settings. So if I set File 123 to be a Filmstrip and then Set File 321 to be a Thumbnail I go back and find File 123 has become a Thumbnail. This is happening between dozens of folders who seem to have linked to other totally unrelated folders.

So I now have a huge number of files not set as I want them. I can change them but that changes other files so it's an impossible task.

Something is wrong! Have you any suggestions?

I have done a "Reset Folders" which puts everything to a Tile. And I have changed some File Names but it is getting worse!

Thank you for any help you can give me.

System: Windows XP Home

VoG II 17:45 08 Feb 2010

Perhaps click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?