File Extension Problem

Muslimat79 20:41 22 May 2004

I got a file with an extension .part1 and .part2.

Please help as I don't know what to use to open this file. I've been trying using Winrar but it keeps saying not an archive file.

Thanks for your help

Charence 20:43 22 May 2004

Hi,

If you open it Windows will give the option to search it from some websites. You could also search on google for the file extension.

Charence

Muslimat79 20:50 22 May 2004

I've searched several time with google but all that I got were all about articles that didn't even relate to what I need.

Pesala 20:52 22 May 2004

Probably someone has changed the extension manually and forgot to add the .doc extension. I believe Word has the option to recover text from any file. Look in the files of type dropdown list on the Open File dialogue box.

Pesala 20:53 22 May 2004

Make a copy. Rename it as Filename.part1.doc and then try to open it.

Valvegrid 20:55 22 May 2004

Tried searching on here

click here

No luck I'm afraid, What size is it? Right mouse click on it and have a look in properties. If the file is small, say about 100K, open it in wordpad and see if there is any text in it that may give a clue.

Muslimat79 21:17 22 May 2004

This file is not a word a txt file. It's a program file compressed, and the file size is about 690MB. Please help.

cycoze 22:11 22 May 2004

it would help to know what program , the only thing i can find with extension part1 and part2 is Netobjects fusion Netobjects System file , could this be the program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?