Ffavourites +alphabet

porridge 21:04 17 Feb 2004

My hard disk was recently formatted, and although everything is working fine again I have a small problem with Favourites in IE. IO know I was able to get them sorted alphabetically previously but no matter what I try I cannot find out how to do it. Can anyone help please?

Many thanks.

Porridge

short-circuit 21:21 17 Feb 2004

Click on Favourites. Move the mouse pointer down on to the list of Favourites. Right click, then choose Sort by Name.

Scott.

porridge 22:24 17 Feb 2004

many than ks, I'd forgotten that there are two favourites and tried everything on the other one. Put it down to old age. Thabk you again.
Porridge

Stuartli 09:28 18 Feb 2004

It also applies to the Start list of programs..:-)

porridge 12:23 18 Feb 2004

Thank you Stuartli I have used your tip and will try to remember it. I am 81, so remembering is more difficult than it used to be.

Cheers,

Porridge.

Stuartli 17:56 18 Feb 2004

I acquired a new computer system for an 81-year-old family friend last September; it was her birthday present to herself.

She took to computing like a duck to water and spends several hours a day exploring the Internet, e-mailing friends and preparing letters to send to all parts of the globe...

What's more she does all the required updates regularly, whether AdAware, SpywareBlaster, AVG etc...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)