Feeview Box into TV card ...

Stonechatz 09:20 23 Jul 2005

... lets me see terrestrial stations OK - but none of the FV channels. It works via the AV channel on the TV - I take it you cannot tune the PCI TV card in the computer to 'see' an AV input ... ? The FV box is a Bush DTF...(something)!

Mikè 09:40 23 Jul 2005

It all depends wether your free-view box has an RF modulator or not. Check the spec's it will say something like 'CH 21-68 adjustable' if it does.

Then it's a matter of splitting the RF out to feed your tv and pci card.

Stuartli 09:50 23 Jul 2005

Why not just buy a TwinHan PCI Freeview TV card from click here (amongst keenest prices from brand in the UK)?

click here

Great pictures and sound and also HDTV compatible - acts as a PVR, has EPG and remote control amongst other features.

geedad 12:19 23 Jul 2005

Stonechatz.
What FV box are you using?
I can watch and record Digital TV with my Gtrundig FV box, Panasonic DVD/Tape player.
Hook up is mostly by trial and error since some boxes have 2 scarts some have only 1. But it can be done. I have to add that I watch - and record- with Sony Giga Pocket software.
All that I record on the PC can then be used to make playable DVDs, even your old VHS tapes can be copied to DVD - with suitable software, such as TempGenc.
Keep experimenting!
geedad

woodchip 13:38 23 Jul 2005

Hears a freeview TV what I use click here

Only works with Win2000 or Win XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Best Keyboards for Designers & Artists

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)