Feedback, or rather lack of

[DELETED] 23:49 17 Dec 2003

Sorry, but I don't think I can be bothered replying to any queries for the foreseeable future. I can see no reason to waste time posting information when obviously helpful posts are ignored and no feedback results.

Jester2K II 09:35 18 Dec 2003

Further to this.

You come here because you want to. Not because you are asked or paid to do so. Your help is welcome but as with all things in life there are ignorant, greedy, forgetful, busy and just plain rude people that don't appreciate our efforts.

Just remember those times when people do say Thanks. Forget the times when people don't.

Don't come here if you are expecting praise every-time you do something.... Come here just because you want to help. Its like charity.

plsndrs3 10:21 18 Dec 2003

Taran & J2K make very good points here and there is little point in repeating them.

Personally, I don't EXPECT thanks - although it is nice to get this from time to time - and believe that any help I can offer is good for me. I guess it is a bit like Christmas; I don't give to receive and think of the huge amount I have learnt since being here.

Don't get me wrong, I do get hacked off by some people who post 'urgent, need help' and receive it - not only from me - but cannot be bothered to say thank you. But I figure that if there is no response than my suggeston could have helped someone somewhere & that, I believe, is why most of the Cyber Angels here come to this site. Not for the 'Oh, look how clever I am' attitude [although there are a couple who fall into this category].

The majority of the regular posters here should be in the AA - they are "very, very nice people" & it is my pleasure to have met them. Try to find another person as nice as Djohn. As he says, the occassional thank you more than makes up for the many who cannot be bothered. I still remember the glow of the first thank you I received ;o) Oh, and I don't think that you will find the kind of brain-power that is available here elsewhere free of charge.

Keep helping others and don't let the minority cloud the positives of coming to this forum.

Regards,

Paul

[DELETED] 10:30 18 Dec 2003

I am NOT looking for thanks. I DO want to know if a suggestion WORKED or not so that it can be of use to someone else. All you preachers can now get out of your pulpits and put your sermons back where they belong.

Jester2K II 10:35 18 Dec 2003

Don't we all?

But jumping up and down and making stupid comments about not posting responses here won't change it. Not everyone is going to read this thread.... Not everyone cares enough to give feedback. Some people want the answer and when they have will leave without a care. We'll never know why some people don't post. Maybe as said above they got the answer else where and didn't come back here. Maybe they have problem accessing the net, their house burnt down or they have other more pressing problems to worry about...

Thats the way the world is I'm afraid. Don't like it? Don't come here!

[DELETED] 10:38 18 Dec 2003

Don't patronise me as you seem to do every time you post. You are merely another poster here.

smegs 10:40 18 Dec 2003

Salinger, I know what Ur saying. It would be nice for the person to say what had sorted thier problem out and to tick the resolved button. RESPECT, RESPECT, Wheres has it gone?????

only me 10:40 18 Dec 2003

Hi Salinger
I agree you have a point but? i have a prob running but because i am using someone Else's comp i can only go on when they are not using it so find it hard to try fixes and post reply

leo49 10:42 18 Dec 2003

Season of Goodwill, gentlemen, peace on Earth,etc.

Jester2K II 10:43 18 Dec 2003

So whats was this thread going to achieve? Nothing.

As has been stated before on countless threads not everyone reads every post and not everyone answers when info is given. This subject has been done to death before and will be raised from the dead time and time again. It'll never solve anything.

Sorry it i offended you but i was simply pointing out the facts. Its nothing personal.

[DELETED] 10:47 18 Dec 2003

"But jumping up and down and making stupid comments about not posting responses here won't change it."

"Don't like it? Don't come here!"

Nothing personal??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

There's a new Gradient tool coming to Adobe Illustrator

Best Android emulators for Mac

Les drôles de questions à poser à votre assistant Google Home