is this a false positive or a genuine threat

MJS WARLORD 13:39 27 Jan 2019
Answered

my Kaspersky keeps throwing up dangerous url reports when clicking on to some questions

this is an example

27.01.2019 12.36.15;Dangerous URL blocked;href here playlist&iframeType=friendlyIframe&platform=desktop&evergreen=true;href here playlist&iframeType=friendlyIframe&platform=desktop&evergreen=true;Heuristic Analysis;Microsoft Edge Content Process;01/27/2019 12:36:15

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:44 27 Jan 2019

Being as it is a Tech Advisor link to an Apple Ad then it is probably not a problem.

MJS WARLORD 13:53 27 Jan 2019

hi fruit bat I just click on my own link , the href bit , I don't know how the apple add became part of the dangerous url report because I NEVER click on adverts

lotvic 15:38 27 Jan 2019
Answer

You don't need to have clicked on it. It's part of the page loading up. The Apster page element is the advert that is just above the 'Post a Reply' box.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Anthem review-in-progress

Illustrator and children's author Owen Davey on maintaining success with his animal and art mastery

WWDC 2019: Dates, what to expect, and how to get tickets

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans