Hot Topics

Fairly new PC freezing + buzzing noise issue

Tuukka Ullakko 18:05 19 Jan 2020

Hello. I had a PC built for me a couple of months ago by a PC part retailer here in Finland. I've, however, recently had some issues with it. Sometimes my PC simply freezes with this "buzzing" sound. The buzzing sound only plays if I'm f.ex. watching a video on YouTube or something. Sometimes when I'm playing games. I don't know what the issue could be. Sometimes it's so bad that a hard restart is required as it doesn't go away on its own. It doesn't really happen ALL the time, but from time to time. I also would like to note that after not using the PC for a couple of days, I booted up my PC and it went right into the screen with ":(". Unfortunately I can't remember what the error message was, since the PC restarted itself before I could write it down. I don't know if that is connected to the issues I'm having.

My specs:

• GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 3X
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • CPU cooler: AMD Wraith Prism (stock)
  • RAM: G.Skill 16GB of Trident Z RGB (3200Mhz, CL16)
  • 500GB of Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD (for OS and SSD-demanding games)
  • 2TB of Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD (for most storaging)
  • PSU: Corsair RM750 (2019)
  • MB: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
  • Case: Fractal Design's Meshify C
  • Case fans: 2 Fractal stocks in the front, 2 Arctic P12 in back & top rear.

I'm just wondering what could cause this sort of problems. I'm not THAT good with computers. Is there clearly something wrong with my PC if this happens, or is this something that is "OK" to happen from time to time? I'm studying Software Development right now and it would hurt to have this PC or its parts away to be checked to the other side of Finland.

I'd just like to know if there's something I could do at home. Even knowing what part causes this sort of problems would be helpful. The issue only occurs around 1-2 in like 1-2 weeks, and doesn't always require a hard restart. I'm still worried if it could be something serious. Thank you for any advice in advance!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

5 video games we want to see as movies

How to draw an eye

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio pas chers (2020)