Failure to run Codemasters Toca 3 on Laptyop

Les 20:17 27 Dec 2007

I gave just installed TOCA 3 (Codemasters Race program) on my Toshiba Laptop which is running the Vista Home Premium OS. Installation was successful. But, when I try to run it the following message is put on screen "To install the application, you must have Administrator privileges on this computer"

I am the sole user and have a user account and have to sign in upon switch on - is there anything else I should do - or - I see, from the box, that Vista is not mentioned. I highlighted the RD3 File (the applicatiuon .exe file) and, in compatability, switched it to Windows XP - I still get the same message.

Anyone have a clue how to solve this?

Les 20:18 27 Dec 2007

Laptop!

rdave13 20:42 27 Dec 2007

Try right clicking the icon and click 'run as administrator'.

Les 20:59 27 Dec 2007

rdave13:

Thanks for the info - that's something else I have learned. Unfortunately, the program will not run - the message now is "The installed StarForce Protection Driver is not compatible with this version of windows". I shall have to contact Codemasters for a patch - if one is available that is.

Transition to Vista is a pain, but I'll persist with it - with help from people such a yourself maybe I'll even succeed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?