fading laser printer

Diodorus Siculus 13:08 07 Nov 2003

I have a HP laserjet 5m printer which prints a little faded on one side of the page - the lefthand side is slightly less dark for about 1/4 of the page. I replaced the toner cardrigde thinking that it was nearing the end of its life but this has made no difference.

Any thoughts?

Diodorus Siculus 13:34 07 Nov 2003

stupidhead - many thanks for that; I'll give it a go and report back.

Diodorus Siculus 15:35 07 Nov 2003

My printer is not the colour one but still has the wires. There is no cleaner slider to move but I used a lint free cloth as per instructions on the hp.com site. But it has not worked.

Anything else very welcome...

Thanks

woodchip 16:45 07 Nov 2003

Or you need a new drum

Diodorus Siculus 17:00 07 Nov 2003

flecc - tilting: I have tried that with the old toner cartridge as I thought that was the cause. But it made no differece.

woodchip - I have tried a new cartridge and so I believe that it has something to do with the printer rather than the cartridge.

woodchip 17:03 07 Nov 2003

Is your cartridge combined with the Drum like My Samsung ML-4500

Diodorus Siculus 22:01 07 Nov 2003

Thanks for those; when I get a chance I will examine it all in a little more depth and then get back to you on it.

Diodorus Siculus 21:54 06 Feb 2004

Gave it a good clean a few days ago with a can of compressed air and a hoover nearby to gather up the dust- all seems well again. Thanks guys - the cost of ink for my DeskKet prompted me to do something.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?