Factory reset has physically broken my computer

TheWarmCrayon 10:22 13 Apr 2016

Through the wonderful world of e-mails i had the misfortune of downloading a virus.

After trying various programs such as malwarebytes to rid my computer of this virus i found that upon start-up the virus had returned (so i assumed had done something in my syst32 file), it is at this point i decided that given my computer was fairly new it wouldn't be too disastrous to factory reset my pc, reinstall the drivers and then go about reinstalling the programs i lost. And so around 20 minutes passes and the process is on a whopping 2%. I leave the house for around 5 minutes and upon my return i found that the fusebox has gone on the particular circuit that my computer was part of, originally i thought the computer might have overloaded but that was not the case, however it had caused the factory reset to stop obviously and as a result now, whenever i start up said computer it just sits in an endless loop of booting. I could enter the "bios" but lack the technical savvy to do anything about it. I'm not sure if it is because of the lack of OS as of yet or if the reset just wrecked the computer but, the computer doesn't have a disk drive. and so my question to yourself is... Is the problem fixable for a person like myself (as far as hardware goes im fine but on a software level i wouldn't know where to start) and if so, how so and if not thank you letting me know.

Additional: I am currently using my old pc, specs for both will be below as i'd assume it may be pertinent

Afflicted computer:

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 White Power Supply: Corsair CX750 750W Processor: Intel Core i5 6600K 3.5Ghz [Overclockable] [NEW] Processor Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 103 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz [2x8GB] Motherboard: Asus Z170-P Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB [Free The Division PC Game] Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 7200rpm 64MB Cache Sound card: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224FB 24x DVD/CD ? Re-Writer Black Network card: Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Wireless Card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 867MBPS and Bluetooth 4.0

Older PC: Case: Zalman Z11 Plus Power Supply: Corsair CX500 500W Processor: Intel Core i5 4570 3.2Ghz Processor Cooler: Stock Manufacturer Heatsink and fan RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz/PC12800 Motherboard: Asus H81M-PLUS Graphics card: AMD/ATI Radeon R7 260X 2GB Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive 7200rpm 16MB Cache Sound card: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x DVD/CD ? Re-Writer Black Network card: Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Wireless Card: Asus N10 150MBPS

Svol 11:01 13 Apr 2016

Are you not able to initiate a repeat Factory reset process?

what is the procedure involved in starting a Factory reset?

Also, what is the Operating system?

TheWarmCrayon 12:39 13 Apr 2016

No, i am not able to repeat the factory reset process, unless you know a way in which to do via the asus bios.

I initiated it via Windows

and in answer to the OS, it is windows 10 although the disk i own is 8.1.

TheWarmCrayon 12:41 13 Apr 2016

i intiated via the control panel on windows that is, but it specifically said factory reset as opposed to system restoring.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 13 Apr 2016

What version of windows 7, 8, 10,

is it starting the start up repair and looping?

or does it not get past the initial Manufacturers screen before rebooting.

Do you have a repair disk or windows media?

I think you are going to have to boot to windows media and run check disk froma bbotable DVD or USB.

TheWarmCrayon 13:11 13 Apr 2016

It is staying in the manufacturers screen, and then reboots over and over in said manufacturers screen, i have a copy of windows 8.1 + other drivers but i only have them on disk.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:12 13 Apr 2016

click here a windows 10 media on USB (or DVD if you have a DVD drive)

boot from the DVD and click repair this computer select command prompt and type

chkdsk /f/r press enter when check disk has complete see if the machine will boot.

if not or you can do this from the media you can do a clean install of windows 10 just skip where it asks for serial key as you have already had 10 on this machine it will be registered on MS servers and so should activate when connect to the internet.

make

Svol 14:16 13 Apr 2016

You can can create a bootable DVD or USB via download and install the Microsoft Media Creation tool, available at:-

Win 10 Media Creation Tool Download Page

With that Bootable media you can try performing a Windows 10 RESET operation as per the instructions available at:

Win 10 Recovery Options - Click here

See the section "Resetting your PC".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Stadia review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Bon Plan Adobe : 40 % de réduction sur l’abonnement Adobe CC