facebook page loading issue!

gazmix 09:34 20 Jan 2010

When i log in to Facebook, i can't do anything like send a message, open my inbox, post on a wall etc!
I get the message 'oops, something went wrong, try later' & i get the page is loading icon & then
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
This happened last night & today, although 1st time i logged in from overnight, it worked!

All other sites are ok, so is it just facebook playing up!! others seems to post ok!

Am wondering if its a general problem that happens regularly as i can't logout etc!

gazmix 09:42 20 Jan 2010

I'm just wondering if its a problem with my server or security as its been like this 2 days now & others seem to be able to post!

If all other sites work ok, does it rule out any problems with my pc or server?

gazmix 10:35 20 Jan 2010

Anyone??

i can only get certain pages!! If it was a server issue could it only be affecting me??
Others seem to be able to post! Does this regularly occur with that site?
I'm getting anxious as i need to contact family abroad & answer emails!!

Can anyone help??

DANZIG 11:26 20 Jan 2010

I'm getting that as well, as are numerous of my contacts.

I think its something to do with the evil Facebook itself.

Also the mobile version of it is a bit knackered as well.

I find it happens on quite a regular basis

gazmix 12:14 20 Jan 2010

Are you DANZIG, i'm wondering if it can be a problem too with what ISP facebook is on, i dunno as lots of people i have contacted via sms here are ok with Facebook & can post!

I can view pages like profile, homepage, other profiles, but can't get into inbox, chat, post wall messages & sometimes when i go to a page, it just goes blank with my options at the top & stops loading!!
That 'oops' error box is really annoying as 'try soon'!! is now 24hrs

DANZIG 14:20 20 Jan 2010

Well, I'm on Virgin at home and use T-mobile on my phone.

It seems to go in fits and spurts (to use a technical term). Sometimes its OK and other times its dire.

Weeks and months go by with no issue, then its appalling for a few days.

I don't think its that much to worry about, generally after a brief period of this and when it goes back to normal, you'll find that the evil FB have changed or added some feature

CurlyWhirly 23:36 21 Jan 2010

I see that I'm not the only one affected by this!

It really gets annoying as it seems to happen nearly every time I go on the Facebook site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?