Facebook Malware when opening create advert photos

Govan1x 14:57 27 May 2017

Ok having problems opening create advert photos just under trending. Getting warnings from W/defender and Eset and have to reset Computer.

I have tried Internet Explorer and Edge but had the same problem with Both.

Downloaded Chrome and still get the same problem.

Has anyone that uses a laptop or Desktop get the same problems.

Using W10 and have Eset,Malwarebytes and Emsisoft.

Govan1x 12:39 28 May 2017

Ok found this which tells us what to expect.The problem is. JS:Trojan,Cryxos.216 E

Now it seems that is what I picked up when opening those photos on Facebook. But not sure if I am the only one getting the problem.

Click here

Govan1x 13:24 28 May 2017

And this from my computer.

ID Object C:\Users\bill\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\W04TDUSY\index1.htm JS:Trojan.Cryxos.261 (B)

Now I have used Edge.I/E and Chrome and I get the same problem. Anyone know how to remove it from computer.

That was from Emsisoft Quarantine.

rdave13 14:41 28 May 2017

There's this about it. I'm assuming you've deleted the 'Quarantine' list in Emsisoft then rebooted. If the bug is still there try Adw.

1]: [click here

Govan1x 19:46 28 May 2017

Thanks rdave13 I thought that you had cracked it. Did what you said and rebooted. Tried connecting to one of the pictures in Facebook again.

This time Eset deleted the problem and not Emsisoft. Tried doing what you said again but this time with Eset but never made any difference.

So still not sure if the problem is with my computer or with Facebook.

rdave13 20:16 28 May 2017

That is a legit trojan but might be picked up by your security softwares as they might conflict, i.e. scanning each other and creating a false positive. Too many 'live' scanners can be as bad as not having any. Send me the link and I'll log in to connect to the photos if I can. No expert with Facebook, just use their messenger in winter when the local lads, where I work, can show how bad the snow is.

Govan1x 23:21 28 May 2017

On facebook page just under friends at the top, you have Trending and underneath trending you have got create advert. There is usually a couple of pictures or photos on there.

It is clicking them to open them is when I get the problems. I think they will only be seen if using a laptop or desktop.

I will try again after I post this to see what happens.

Govan1x 23:25 28 May 2017
  rdave13 23:32 28 May 2017

I think I'm sad Govan1x ... just opened facebook, and have 81 notifications and one 'friend' request. Oops I clicked on something and farcebook closed. Hang on and will try again.

rdave13 23:35 28 May 2017

OK back on the home page. Clicking on the down arrow where the "?" icon is and will select "create adverts". Here goes again...

Govan1x 23:37 28 May 2017

Meant to add this is the problem now with Eset. Emsisoft does not pick this one up.

HTML/FakeAlert [Threat Name] go to Threat

Basically I only have family and a few friends on it. Always have the grand kids checking up on us to see how we are.And vice versa.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

Illustrator Rose Blake gives a kid-friendly update for David Hockney's art guide A History of…

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment afficher des sous-titres sur Netflix ?