Hot Topics

F drive is appearing on my computer but

laptopdunce 16:07 14 Aug 2016

I am getting an F drive ESP appearing on my computer, it is showing as being 246mb free of 296mb, I have a feeling this was an SD card that I trasnferred some photos from, but there are no other USB drives or otherwise connected to my laptop but this F drive keeps appearing, what should I do? is there a way to delete it? when I click on it to open it it comes up with a banner saying "you do not have permission to access this folder" and then "continue" when I click this it says I have been denied access to this folder again and to go to the security tab, but I cant get into that, what should I do? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 14:56 19 Aug 2016

Ah, the My computer screenshot seems to show in tinypic, will try the other "this computer" folder screenshot now.

[IMG][click here]1] href="[click here any of this one visible? Im not sure which code to use, the one for forums or email??

href

are

laptopdunce 14:58 19 Aug 2016

[IMG][click here]1 one visible??

this

laptopdunce 14:59 19 Aug 2016

I think they are both showing now after a few scrappy attempts?? how do they look to you?? Laptopdunce

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:46 19 Aug 2016

Yes they both look exactly how I would expect.

ESP stands for EFI System Partition which is why we suspect that your F drive is actually the hidden sytem partition showing up.

laptopdunce 15:49 19 Aug 2016

Oh, good, so its all OK then? thanks Laptopdunce

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:09 19 Aug 2016

Yes its all OK

laptopdunce 13:26 21 Aug 2016

So, just to recap, when I am back in Nederland and I want to remove that ESP F drive off my laptop there, I do that Command Prompt (Admin) window and type in:- net user administrator /active:yes - then log off and log in again and it should be back to normal?? thnaks laptopdunce

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:38 21 Aug 2016

If it work on the other then yes.

I only wanted you to log in as administrator so you could assign a drive letter and view the files on F: to ascertain whether it was the EFI system partion showing up.

laptopdunce 14:25 21 Aug 2016

Oh right, it was really weird as the ESP dirve ONLY disappeared when I went into that Administrator mode and set that up and eventually came out of that that the ESP drive finally disappeared, I will try it when I am back and see what happens, I dont really want to do that Administrator mode again really. thanks laptopdunce

laptopdunce 10:35 24 Aug 2016

I have just got back to my Dutch laptop, went into command prompt (admin) and typed:- net user administrator /active:yes

it accepted the command then I logged off and restarted and the ESP F drive is still showing in the folders. How can this be? I really dont want to go into that rigmarole of the administrator mode again, why cant these things be made "simple" its a bloody nightmare all these things just to remove something that shouldnt be there, I suspect this is Windows updates or something to do with Windows making these changes., it must be something to do with windows as it just appeared on the VERY same laptop which hadnt been used for 10 days as soon as I turned it on when I arrived in the UK on 16 august. l;aptopdunce

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book Flex review

Inspiring Creative Projects in response to Pandemic & Protest

Apple Breakfast: Profits, awards & antitrust questions

App Store : comment obtenir un remboursement ?