External sound card mic not working at startup.

Patrick9310 16:12 25 Aug 2018

Hi Guys

So i bought this sound blaster x-fi HD two months ago. I've had this issue with my microphone not working at startup. My sound is always working perfectly but mic Never working at startup. All i can do to fix the issue is to disconnect the usb and connect it again. Or actually when it's not working i can usually just restart my pc to fix it which i find weird..

I have been in contact with creative labs for help, these are the instructions they've given me with no luck so far: - Enable ERP - Enable the setting "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". - Update the usb host controller - Enable microphone monitoring before shut down to see if it was giving me any sound at startup which it wasn't.

They ask me now to try another pc which is not possible for me at the moment. I hope someone here has an idea to solve this problem :)

Windows 10 64

Best regards Patrick

MJS WARLORD 16:39 25 Aug 2018

I had similar problems to you using an experia headset with mike , it was a windows update that sent things haywire.

1. Go to device manager/ sounds and mic tabs then right click and uninstall drivers even if they dont have a yellow triangle on them. Windows will reinstall the generic drivers on restart.

2. In sounds/playback tab right click and disable the realtek digital output. just above the icon when using SPEAKERS you should see a green tick in the speaker icon , right click if missing. When you plug in your headphones the icon will go out and if you scroll down you will see a new one for headphones . when you swap between speakers and phones it takes a few seconds to find new device.

3. check properties tab on both headphones .... green jack highlighted and microphone pink jack. finally at bottom right corner where the speaker icon is change the tab to realtec high def audio , i have my volume at 50%

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs