EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE

LANDCRUISER 15:09 10 Nov 2005

Hi there,i have a problem deleting file on the external h/d,when i go into G drive to delete files it shows that it deleting but it does not recover the space on the drive what can i do,ta

LANDCRUISER 16:26 14 Nov 2005

Hi wee eddie, yes i know i should be able to overwrite it but the drive is nearly full & i cannot remove other things loaded here,allthough i delete things it not removeing it from the h/d

woodchip 19:21 14 Nov 2005

If you delete something on the Hard drive then you should see the space recoverd when you empty the BIN and reboot

LANDCRUISER 23:09 14 Nov 2005

that is the point woodchip i do not see any space created,it looks just the same as befor,that why the hard disc is nearly full because its not deleting the program on it.

woodchip 23:12 14 Nov 2005

Have you tried System File Checker, Or there may be a nasty on your C:\Drive that's stopping you deleting files

LANDCRUISER 23:16 14 Nov 2005

i have norton system works that checks the reg this is ok, i have run spybot,adaware,aol spyware nothing at all

woodchip 23:20 14 Nov 2005

norton system works will not do what SFC does. as You just told me, I forgot that it creates a backup of files deleted so they can be recoverd. Right click Recycle bin and turn of Protected Recycle Bin and clear recycle bin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)