Expanding HDD partitions, Fujitsu LifebookAH530

g0slp 07:26 22 Jun 2012

On setting up a Lifebook, the Partition Size for the C drive was inadvertently set too small; just enough to accept the OS (W7 Home Premium). There is 400GB of unused space on the HDD, but I cannot get the system to expand the C partition; when following Fujitsu's help files & right-clicking on the partition, the option to expand it is greyed out. AFAIK I'm running as an Administrator, so am at a loss as to what to try. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BRYNIT 08:27 22 Jun 2012

Is the 400GB of unused space formatted if so you will need to reduce the size of this partition to allow for the C drive to expand.

robin_x 11:28 22 Jun 2012

Try MiniTool Partition Wizard or Easeus Partition Master. You have to expand (resize) into Unallocated space.

Windows Disc Management is a bit limited at times. All of them have foibles too.

g0slp 12:45 22 Jun 2012

Many thanks for the replies - I don't know if the unallocated space is formatted, so will check that, & will also try the suggested tools. Might be Sunday before I can do that, but will post again once I've done so. Thank you again.

g0slp 15:06 24 Jun 2012

MiniTool Partition Wizard has allowed me to sort out the unallocated area of my HDD - many thanks :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)