Eudora … does it work with broadband?

Mr. Chips 18:33 04 Sep 2004

I have Eudora Email v6.1.2 rather than Bill Gate’s software. Running it alongside Mozilla and IE6 on an XP home machine.

I find that every time Eudora does an auto look over my broadband for new mail, I lose control of the keyboard. I can be happily typing away writing a new email, but when Eudora auto-accesses the In Box, the key presses just don’t register. Once the check for mail has completed, I need to mouse-click in the compose pane to start again.
This is most annoying … so I compose in Notepad and cut and paste into Eudora.

Has anyone else had this problem please. I have asked Eudora for a solution but they have, so far, ignored my emails.

It's Me 20:33 04 Sep 2004

To answer your first question. Yes it does with no problems at all, but then I don't have mine set up to auto check for Emails.

Your main question, however suggests to me, that if it was me, I'd start uninstalling Eudora and then reinstalling it.

I am surprised that you are not getting a response from Eudora, when I needed help they were remarkably good.

hellred 21:56 07 Sep 2004

Add extra memmory that will solve that problem !!

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:07 07 Sep 2004

I am forced to use Eudora pro on BB occasionally, although I find Outlook to be much better and streets ahead. Removing and re-installing would be your best option. (natch, backing up all data etc.)

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?