ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration win

ihyn 04:09 12 Nov 2017

Hello! I'm using Windows 10, My Ethernet suddenly stopped working. Not received IP. I've tried maybe 15 solutions such as Release/renew, updating drivers, uninstall/installed drivers, scanned whole PC for errors, My WiFi is working fine and so is any other computer in this house with Ethernet or WiFi. It seems to be only my desktop that's not working with Ethernet at the moment. Tried searching for virus/malware aswell. I'm totally out of solutions and frustrated.

Anyone know what i can do? Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-** Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 70-85-C2-2F-8F-DE DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c064:984a:4bc:3ef6%8(Preferred) Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.62.246(Preferred) Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 141592002 DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-20-B1-35-54-70-85-C2-2F-8F-DE DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1 fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1 fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1 NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Jollyjohn 07:41 12 Nov 2017

Try disabling IPV6 and use only IPV4.

Also try setting static ip address and ensure Netmask is 255.255.255.0 not 255.255.0.0 as is currently.

Govan1x 09:05 12 Nov 2017

Normally a reboot of the Router would fix this. Have you checked to see if your ISP is having any problems.

"Try disabling IPV6" Now I tried that at the beginning of the week and it may just be my imagination but my computer seems to be starting a lot quicker than usual.

Are you using Eset as that is the DNS that they use. Always thought it was a bit iffy but it seems to work ok.

Govan1x 09:08 12 Nov 2017

Just remembered I had a lot of problems with ESET not connecting to web pages. So if you use it let me know and I will tell you the fix.

Govan1x 09:11 12 Nov 2017

Try starting in safe mode to see if your computer works ok. If so and you do use Eset it is an SSL problem and you have to disable SSL.

Bhavna Chauhan 15:20 16 Mar 2018

hey guys. i want to mention this soulution because it worked for me so wanted to help others too.

Assigning a MAC address to my network card worked for me. here it is how you can do it: 1. Open Command Prompt as administrator. 2. When Command Prompt opens, enter IPconfig /all and press Enter to run it. 3. List of information will now appear. Locate your network adapter and look for Physical Address value. The address is represented by six pairs of numbers and letters separated by dashes. This is your MAC address, write it down since you’ll need it for future steps.

Now that you know your network address, you need to assign it to your network adapter. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Network and Sharing Center and open your network connection’s properties. We showed you how to do that in Solution 6, so check it for extra information.
  2. When the Properties window opens, click on Configure button. Ethernet doesn't work on laptop
  3. Navigate to Advanced tab. Now you should see a list of properties. Select Network Address from the list. Select Value option and enter your MAC address in the field next to it. Your MAC address doesn’t use dashes, so don’t enter them. Once you enter your MAC address, click OK to save changes. Ethernet doesn't have IP configuration Otherwise, you may need to use a different router. If connecting to other routers won’t solve the problem, then there is an issue with your network card. Perform a factory restore to your network card, and if it does not help, replace it. I hope this helps. If this way does not help in any case then I have listed some other links. You can refer to them.
  4. click here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)