ethernet connected to wireless network

craigy1 18:43 22 Feb 2006

i have got a [email protected] G-Gateway which plugs into the back of desktop pc through the ethernet socket. i also have a laptop that has a wireless card built in it.

i have set it up so i can run BB on my laptop through the gateway and also my desktop can access BB because of the ethernet cable. My desktop doesnt have wireless card.

I wanted to know if i can get the two pc's to see each other on a network, this is so if my laptop is being used in another room they can see what i am doing on my pc and vice versa and i could also swap files between the two of them.

I have tried to set up a network using the XP wizzard but it says that a network cable is disconnected from my laptop so it wont connect to my pc, this messages happens when i put the network wizard disk in my laptop. the disk is created through my desktop pc. i know that it is disconnected cos i want to use the gateway to talk to my pc through the wireless gateway rather than connect through the ehternet cable.

i know that if i connected the two pc's together through ethernet then i could see the other pc but i wanted to do it without a lot of cables ie wireless.

can anyone help please?

mgmcc 19:42 22 Feb 2006

Duplicate posting in click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)