Ethernet cable unplugged but in and working

howard64 11:43 26 Mar 2018

I am getting the message Ethernet cable unplugged but it is in and working perfectly if I am using a live Linux disk. In device manager it says working correctly with a windows 10 driver. The pc on startup shows no connections to the internet available when on windows 10. I have tried various things including winsock reset and netsh but nothing changes when in windows. I have even gone down the route of reinstalling windows but it comes up the same. Has anyone any further things I could try?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:42 26 Mar 2018

Sounds like the windows driver for the ethernet card is not working. If you know the make and model of the tehernet card then download a driver from the manufacytuers web site (using another PC and transfer by mem stick or by using the Linuxop system and placing in a folder you an access from windows).

I you do not know the make then use something like Belerc Advisor to find ou -downloading as above.

BT 08:26 27 Mar 2018

Turn off WiFi?

SFCable 10:52 29 Aug 2018

If you are connected via a router, do the LEDs show that the PC is connected ? If NO, try to unplug the Router power for 15 seconds and allow it to reset itself, while the PC is connected.

1. Try another Ethernet cable or one in a different location
  SFCable 10:53 29 Aug 2018

If you are connected via a router, do the LEDs show that the PC is connected ? If NO, try to unplug the Router power for 15 seconds and allow it to reset itself, while the PC is connected.

1. Try another Ethernet cable or one in a different location

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf