Ethernet cable unplugged but in and working

howard64 11:43 26 Mar 2018

I am getting the message Ethernet cable unplugged but it is in and working perfectly if I am using a live Linux disk. In device manager it says working correctly with a windows 10 driver. The pc on startup shows no connections to the internet available when on windows 10. I have tried various things including winsock reset and netsh but nothing changes when in windows. I have even gone down the route of reinstalling windows but it comes up the same. Has anyone any further things I could try?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:42 26 Mar 2018

Sounds like the windows driver for the ethernet card is not working. If you know the make and model of the tehernet card then download a driver from the manufacytuers web site (using another PC and transfer by mem stick or by using the Linuxop system and placing in a folder you an access from windows).

I you do not know the make then use something like Belerc Advisor to find ou -downloading as above.

BT 08:26 27 Mar 2018

Turn off WiFi?

SFCable 10:52 29 Aug 2018

If you are connected via a router, do the LEDs show that the PC is connected ? If NO, try to unplug the Router power for 15 seconds and allow it to reset itself, while the PC is connected.

1. Try another Ethernet cable or one in a different location
  SFCable 10:53 29 Aug 2018

If you are connected via a router, do the LEDs show that the PC is connected ? If NO, try to unplug the Router power for 15 seconds and allow it to reset itself, while the PC is connected.

1. Try another Ethernet cable or one in a different location

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?