ESET Advert

chochi 20:10 16 Feb 2010

Its been a couple of weeks since I've been on the site. Can anyone explain the idea behind the ESET moving advertisement down each side of the page and how can I get rid of it. It's making me feel quite dizzy as I browse through the questions and answers.

Technotiger 20:58 16 Feb 2010

If you are using Firefox, this is a great ad blocker click here

chochi 21:57 16 Feb 2010

Sorry ticked box before clicking "post response"
I have downloaded it and it's worked brilliantly. Will now be able to spend some time browsing this great site which has always [well nearly always] solved my problems,without feeling dizzy. Thank you Technotiger.

Technotiger 21:59 16 Feb 2010

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

Graham. 22:49 16 Feb 2010

Thanks from me, too.

chochi 23:31 16 Feb 2010

My original posting was for my Laptop which runs Vista Home Premium, and as I said it works fine. I am now trying to run it on my PC running XP and cant get it to work. When I right click on the banner it does not show the Adblock option. Is this Addon only for Vista? And is there another way round this?

Graham. 23:59 16 Feb 2010

It's only for Firefox.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:06 17 Feb 2010

Modern life is such a trial.

Technotiger 08:28 17 Feb 2010

I too am running XP, so you should not be having difficulties with the Ad Blocker Program on your PC.

Graham - my pleasure ... TT

Technotiger 08:34 17 Feb 2010

I also use this Firefox add-on, it stops the scrolling-across-the-screen ticker-tape type of Ads ...

click here

chochi 09:53 17 Feb 2010

I uninstalled and re-installed this morning, but still not working. When I right click on banner,I get zoom, play wind etc and "About Adobe Flash Player 10". No sign of Adblock option. I must have missed something somewhere!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Adobe price increase confuses customers

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?