error messages problem

joe95 13:19 09 Jan 2007

I recently tried Win advanced care v2 but had problems so uninstalled now I get this message
Files that are required for Windows to run must be copied to DLL cache then a further message please insert Service pack 2 cd.
All I have is an installation disc which I have tried but wants to do full re-install.

johndrew 13:48 09 Jan 2007

A number of people have had issues with this software (see the posts on this site).

Have you tried a System Restore to before you installed it? Make certain that any documents/e-mails etc. are saved to another HDD or CD/DVD before you restore though.

joe95 14:17 09 Jan 2007

thanks JD won't restore and everything has got very large on the screen there is nothing in properties from desktop, things are looking grimsby.

joe95 18:48 09 Jan 2007

I have reinstalled but error message as before and still can't restore

johndrew 14:49 10 Jan 2007

Unless someone else has a better idea, it looks as if you may well need to run a repair on your system.

Click Start/run type in sfc /scannow and have your XP disk handy as it will probably be requested. This process may take some time but it should replace/repair any damaged Windows files.

If you want more information on the process of this function click here

joe95 17:53 10 Jan 2007

Thanks JD but it didn't work had to do a full install and have now got a completely different setup it is very slow also [email protected] sign has moved to the No.2 also I am unable to access my PCSaccount although I am using the correct e-mail address and password. I am using my daughters PC a few miles away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?