Error messages

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:26 04 Mar 2003

Hi, just started getting this error message,
different programs but always the same thing
GDI.EXE in module unknown and it cripples pc i havce to reboot some times works sometimes not have run scans and checks but every thin seem ok so what the problem ? Dam annoyin lol.I also get white popup boxes come up and click ingnore or exit but dont matter what i click it lockes up.

VoG™ 22:33 04 Mar 2003

Any help? click here

woodchip 22:37 04 Mar 2003

It's the visual part of your operating System that let's you see what it's doing so you can interact with it

woodchip 22:39 04 Mar 2003

PS without an OS version Win98 ME or XP it's not possible to point you in the right direction

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 09:08 05 Mar 2003

Sorry it took a bit to answer pc just wouldnt work right ecerythin i click on i got an error message explore packed in every time i clicked on start,or my comp just got error messages and a proggy in task bar shut down ,so now i have to run pc bare bones with nothin loaded lol,soz OS 98 se.Looked at the site VoG™ and i dint understand it a lot but i not installed any of them proggy ty.

woodchip 14:11 05 Mar 2003

Put your Win98 disc in computer, Then run SFC from Start/Run type sfc press to run first look for corrupt files just by clicking ok, second click the settings tab and tick the look for deleted files box and run again, third if you are still having problems I would suggest you tick the look for changed files and replace all changed files to put windows files back as they should be then check your computer in that order Woodchip

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:41 05 Mar 2003

Hi, thanks guys took a few hours to sort this out and did repair some files but there loads that arnt on the 98 cd and i dont know where to get em ,i done a lot of twecking to pc so thay could be any where im not gettin as many errors but still getting some esspecially the white popups about explorer.

woodchip 19:11 05 Mar 2003

You now need to run IE repair tool if you have IE5.5 or above. Go to Control Panel double click Add/remove Double click on Microsoft Internet Explorer and choose repair

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:23 06 Mar 2003

Hi,ran the repair tool and still gettin errors at boot now explorer not responding so all just stops lol,what a job ,there is somethin called wsscript.exe as well that keeps tryin to connect to net i got it blocked in za but cant find it on pc i think i may have to format the thing and start again it gettin on me nerves,lol.

Regards.

woodchip 15:33 06 Mar 2003

The other errors and files belong to programs on your comp, it will mean you having to remove and then reinstall one at a time, after you uninstall from Add/Remove programs make shure to remove any folders in Explorer that refers to the program you have removed before trying to reinstall

woodchip 15:34 06 Mar 2003

The other errors and files belong to programs on your comp, it will mean you having to remove and then reinstall one at a time, after you uninstall from Add/Remove programs make shure to remove any folders in Explorer that refers to the program you have removed before trying to reinstall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)