Huawei MateBook X Pro review
I just recently formatted my whole Hard disk and installed Windows Xp Sp2 int it ..
After formatting and installing windows Xp with NTFS file system..I started installing all softwares...like vlc, Ms office 2003,K-lite kodec pack..
These softwares got installed properly....but when it came to installing Nokia Pc suite and Foxit pdf reader...it started giving me error.as follows.
0xc000000c (The application failed to initialize properly)...click on OK to terminate
First I thought that these two softwares might be corrupt but when I tried the same setup in my friends Computer there it got installed with no error....what so ever...
Guys please Help me with this.......
The recommended action for this from Msoft is to do a repair install, more details look here.
Repair install of Windows XP by starting your computer from the Windows XP CD
Note If Windows XP was preinstalled on your computer, you may need the installation CD to reinstall. Contact your computer manufacturer to make sure that you have the installation CD for a repair installation.
To reinstall Windows XP by starting your computer from the Windows XP CD, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP CD into your computer's CD drive or DVD drive, and then restart your computer.
2. When you receive the "Press any key to boot from CD" message on the screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
3. The following message on the Welcome to Setup screen will appear:
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer: To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER. To repair a Windows XP installation by using Recovery Console, press R. To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
4. Press ENTER to set up Windows XP.
5. On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
6. Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.
7. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to reinstall Windows XP. After you repair Windows XP, you may have to reactivate your copy of Windows XP. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
310064 (click here ) How to troubleshoot Windows XP Setup problems when you upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition
If you successfully completed the reinstallation, congratulations. You are almost done. Please continue to the "After you reinstall Windows XP" section to finish.
If you received an error or if the reinstallation did not finish, unfortunately, this article did not resolve your problem. For your next steps, you may want to ask someone whom you know for help. Or, you may want to contact Microsoft Support to help you resolve this problem.
I will try Repairing Windows xp and I'll let you know the result.....
Thanks for the help......Fruit Bat /\0/\
To Fruit Bat /\0/\
reinstalling windows didn't work.....actually...I tried different Operating system like..Xp Sp3 ..then to problem is the same....
It is actually my old Computer....with
celeron mmx processor 355 Mhx
196 Mb Sd RAM..
Ess Sound Card.
Motherboard -I have no idea.....
It had Xp earlier......I don't know why....I'm getting this error message...
0xc0000006 (The application failed to initialize properly)...click on OK to terminate...
while installing ...Nokia Pc suite, opera ..browser....
run chkdsk for bad blocks make sure the fix option is ticked.
also look in events viewer what errors are listed there.
how did you get on?
I tried Ccleaner but didn't work.....problem....still da same.....
I heard Regcure is one of the best registry cleaning software...should I go for it ...or it will be a waste.....?
I tried chkdsk/r but didn't work...it says...
cannot recognise internal or external command....
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.