Error 8901000F. No DVD Playback

wossie 00:19 09 Nov 2003

I have a NEC 1300A +/- DVD Writer, and bought a HP DVD -R and installed it to try it out. I copied a copied DVD everything fine, now anytime I try to play a DVD I get this:- an internal error has occured, error code 8901000F. I am using Power DVD 4, nVidia 41.09 drivers as the latest ones disable DVD if you have TV out. Anyone elsehad this problem and what is the solution. Thanks, Wossie.

[email protected] 00:21 09 Nov 2003
  wossie 00:40 09 Nov 2003

I am using Power DVD 4, this relates to Power DVD 3 and the initial instalation code input. Power DVD has been installed for months, and I reinstalled it just to see if that cured it, no go. I had a backup H Disk for ghosting, connected it and same error. Any ideas? thanks again. Wossie.

[email protected] 00:44 09 Nov 2003

After installing Media Player 9, I found that Power DVD XP 4.0 gave the
error code 8901000F. A search of the Cyberlink web site revealed that the
remedy for this "unknown" error was to uninstall Power DVD, do 2 registry
hacks and reinstall Power DVD and then apply patch 1811. My system is XP
SP-1 with all current critical updates applied. Power DVD was/is my default
DVD
player. There were no problems with Power DVD XP/Media Player 8 before
Media Player 9 was installed. With Power DVD re-installed it will now play
DVDs.
copy and pasted from click here

wossie 10:02 09 Nov 2003

Hi again, I got on to the Cyberlink site and saw the registry hacks last night. I tried them this morning and they worked perfectly. It was strange as the backup H disk wouldn't play also, and it did when set up initially. Add I have Media player 9 installed (the culprit?) I still have MP9 installed and all is fine. Thanks a million.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?