Epson WF-2650 Failing to recognise A4 paper

Tilloubill 12:58 12 Jan 2018

I've tried to print a number of A4 documents. When the Epson print dialogue displays, it confirms that the paper size to use is A4 portrait, but then the printer displays a message to the effect that A5 paper is loaded (it isn't).

Today I received an emailed A4 document which I downloaded and when I tried to print it, the screen showed the A4 document split across two A5 sheets.

Is there a way to reset the printer? If so, would this eliminate the problem.

I'd welcome any help going as I'm getting very frustrated with this printer for this and other quirks.

AroundAgain 18:47 12 Jan 2018

Have you checked 'Properties' of your printer?

Open the Print Dialogue page (Ctrl + P) while you have the above mentioned document open. Be sure the printer in question is selected and click on Properties (usually just below and to the right) Check through the different tabs while looking for paper size, 100% size, No of copies per page etc.

Tilloubill 13:01 13 Jan 2018

Hello,

As I said, the properties dialogue confirmed A4 portrait.

However, I played around with the printer and found that the printer was for some reason, set to A5. I managed to change it to A4.

Thanks for your reply.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus