Epson RX620 Problem with Win7 32 and 64 Bit

Demora 20:06 20 Mar 2010

I have a home network and the main printer is an Epson Stylus Photo RX620 connected to my desktop PC running win 7 32 bit. The win xp laptop and vista laptop connect to the printer fine (wirelessly). But the laptop running win 7 64 bit has driver issues.

I've been to the epson website and can't really find a driver that will work for this.

Any work arounds?

northumbria61 22:29 20 Mar 2010
  Demora 01:27 21 Mar 2010

I need to add a 64 bit driver into my windows 7 32 bit desktop pc. There doesn't appear to be one. I tried the xp 64 bit driver and 'run in compatability mode' but this doesn't work.

Looks like I have to options.

Take the item off the laptop and load onto desktop to print, OR buy a new printer.

robin_x 01:41 21 Mar 2010

You could try a Vista 64 driver if you can find one (they may not exist)

I spent 3 evenings Googling for drivers for my Lexmark (X-74) and trying "similar" printer drivers before giving up.

(also click the Check for Updates box when installing and wait a few mins)
I got loads of extra Lex printers listed.
But none of them worked either.

Bought a new £35 Canon Pixma from Argos in the end.

Amazon recently showing sub £50 wireless printers (Epson? Hp?)

Wish I had waited few weeks. They were all £90 when I looked. (saves having an extra PC on for the printer. My Tower PC upstairs takes 80-100W.
But it is a pain to go and turn it on just to print something.)

Normally use my laptop in the liv room.

Good Luck

Demora 16:36 21 Mar 2010

Thank you for the pointers.

I have fixed it now.

What I did: I downloaded the winxp-64 driver and unzipped this into a folder in my win 7 Public folder

Control Panel/Devices & Printers?add Printer. Chose network & wireless. Win 7 32 did a search for the printers on the workgroup network, Selected the required printer and then pointed win 7 64 laptop to the Public folder on the networked pc. Driver installed no problem.

Hope the above makes some sense for anyone having similar problems.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?