epson rx 425 printer

LAPTOPBABE 22:40 03 Sep 2008

When I had 2 xp machines I could connect my printer to one and wirelessly print from the other through my network. I now have 1 xp PC which the printer is connected to and 2 vistas which I can't get to be able to print wirelessly. It is all set for sharing etc and printer sharing is turned on on all machines. I have downloaded vista drivers on xp machine as someone told me to do and i installed the printer with usb on the vista laptops. What have i missed? Can anyone help. I have been on Epson site too and still no joy. Is the printer never going to work with vista?

brundle 23:20 03 Sep 2008

Do you get any error messages? Or just nothing printing? Do you have accounts with identical names and passwords on all machines?

LAPTOPBABE 21:09 04 Sep 2008

Nothing prints and I get the following:
StatusMonitor3 Environment Check stopped Working and was Closed.
A problem caused this application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you ...etc.
Am i right in choosing the first option to 'add a printer'. It then shows my printer in the list and i have tried both reinstalling there driver or keeping the one i had - same result. As for the names and passwords, i don't use passwords, don't need to and I will check the names when i can collar the other 2 computers later tonight, but should be ok. Any further help would be very much appreciated.

brundle 16:44 05 Sep 2008

Is that a Stylus Photo RX 425? I've checked the downloads available at Epson but they don't have an actual printer driver, just the scanning software as I'm sure you've noticed. A printer driver is only listed under Windows Updates here; click here

It's not mentioned at all here;
click here

I don't know which list is more up-to-date.

LAPTOPBABE 19:05 08 Sep 2008

Thanks for that info, I am sure it will help others, but I was in a position whereby I purchased a new wireless printer on Friday morning very cheap and i grabbed it with both hands. Up and working on all computers in a jiffy. But, anyway i can ask my brother if he would like my epson, and the info will be useful as he will want to share the printer in exactly same way as I tried, at least now i will be armed with better info to try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts