Epson Printer troubles STM3S BackMonnot responding

jonmac 21:43 30 Apr 2006

After doing a single print to my Epson Stylus Photo 810 printer via Photoshop CS, if I try another the Photoshop CS stops responding and says "End Prog STM3S"

Also each time I do a print on the Epson my HP Laserjet prints a blank sheet with a smiley face on it!

Any thoughts? I'm running XP Home

Strawballs 22:29 30 Apr 2006

Do you use anti spyware and virus software also have you tried uninstalling the epson software and re-installing

goffer23 23:15 30 Apr 2006

I did use an Epson760 (now got an R320) with CS and the latter can sometimes throw a 'wobbly. I think STM3s may be to do with the Epson Status Monitor - I would reinstall CS and if necessary the Epson driver. My crashes disappeared after that.

jonmac 06:39 01 May 2006

Thanks for that Strawballs and goffer23. The PC is a new one with the same software as the old but I was hoping to avoid reinstalling the Epson software as, for some reason, I always have difficulty with it. However since you've had the same fault I'll do that later today and see if it cures it.

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:16 01 May 2006

If you can download newer drivers for printer and status monitor they usually install easily after unzipping.

davidb4775 01:12 04 Nov 2006

Has anyone found a solution? I am facing the same thing...down to my HP spitting out a blank sheet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?