Epson printer communication error while scanning

night_0wI 05:05 07 Nov 2017

Trying to scan on my Epson XP-434 and when I hit the button to scan and export to my laptop via USB, it gives me a communication error and tells me to connect my computer. I checked both ends of the cable and they're fine, and even rebooted both printer and laptop.

It's fine printing, but won't let me scan.

Peter~24 23:39 07 Nov 2017

night_0wI,

Might be worth uninstalling the printer and reloading the printer driver. Remember that Epson printer setups usually don't want the printer connected until the printer driver software asks for it to be plugged in.

Peter.

mikef. 09:18 08 Nov 2017

Is it connected to a USB3 port? I had the same problem with my new computer and older printer, connecting it to a USB2 port solved the problem for me.

karenf 12:32 21 Feb 2018

I have an Epson XP-335 and previously owned the XP212 version. I have exactly same problem and on older model. Printer worked and scanner sometimes worked, usually when it was critical it would not work. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, changed usb ports and I still come back to this problem. I have even unplugged and plugged back in. The scanner can work for one item in a series, then fails. I am considering moving away from Epson products entirely. This is so frustrating!

camer19 10:19 13 Mar 2018

Hello...

Thank you guys for sharing the above information about scanning problem... It's really helpful...

wiganken2 12:19 13 Mar 2018

The printer may be OK but it is the scanner part that has failed. I had the same problem with my old Epson printer and bought a new printer. The old printer had lasted well so I couldn't complain and I bought another Epson (Stylus SX445W) in 2013 and it is still going strong (I hope I don't regret writing that). They are cheap enough to buy so, if you need the scanner function, then buy a new printer.

camer19 11:34 15 Mar 2018

Also please share details about Large format scanning services

wee eddie 12:01 15 Mar 2018

cammer is a spammer - FE told

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

Gorillaz: Reject False Icons review – plenty of music, but where's the art?

New Apple products predictions 2020

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !