Epson Perfection 1690 scanner problem copying negatives

Grandad99 18:05 26 Oct 2013

I'm scanning in a batch of 35mm colour negs and gave done 25 with no problem. The preview shows each of the strip of negs is in its own frame and I select which one(s) I want to scan in.

However the preview has suddenly changed to showing the complete strip in a very reduced size in one large frame. I had not changed any settings and despite switching off and disconnecting/reconnecting the integrated TPU connector the problem remains. Has anyone experienced this and sorted it?

Pineman100 19:01 26 Oct 2013

I assume your neg scanner is managed via its own software running on the computer? If so, then I suggest that something has got changed in the settings/options. I can only suggest that you explore these to try and find an option that would switch it back - maybe called something like "Preview individual frames"... but I'm guessing.

Grandad99 19:39 26 Oct 2013

It's a flatbed scanner with the option to scan in slides and negatives using the Epson Smart Panel Twain 5.

Grandad99 18:52 27 Oct 2013

Found the answer - I had inadvertently loaded 2 strips of negatives into the holder.

However there has been another ongoing problem with some of the negatives losing about 10% of the top and bottom from the longways portion. The negatives line up with the separator marks on the carrier and at times parts of consecutive negs are missing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)