Epson Colour 460

JACC 12:50 12 Feb 2005

I have the above printer , and now it refyses to work .I'm using XPpro,tried everything,troubleshooter ,manually loading the printer with xp , uninstalling it reinstalling it , unplugging it , switching it off switching it back on , checking the leads ( kicking it , not quite but close ) downloading new drivers that somehow won't load ? Next place for it is the bin , unless you can help me of course , it won't even print a test page . No new software installed recently so now i'm stuck HELP

JIM 13:03 12 Feb 2005

have you tried using the Epson Printer installation Disk provided with the Printer, and chose the Windows 2000 option install? May give it a KICK start ;)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:33 12 Feb 2005

Download the epsom service utility from click here see what this tells you.

LAP 19:40 12 Feb 2005

A friend had a 460 same happened to him he tried everything, he binned it in the end.

JACC 00:24 16 Feb 2005

I tried the utility from Fruit Bat /\0/\ but it just says "Printer off or some other problem" thank you anyway Fruit Bat. I seems to me that the printer has come to the end of it's life and maybe it's time to let it go , my scanner needs replacing , so it looks like a multifunction machine next . If you got one let me know how they fair .

pipedream 01:44 16 Feb 2005

Can you try in on another PC? If this works you then know it's not the printer. Try also uninstalling the printer utility as this caught me out a while ago (symptoms were after clicking Print, nothing happened at all - no error messages, nothing in queue etc.)

JACC 23:31 16 Feb 2005

Hi pipedream , thankyou for your reply , but i've tried everything and still no luck . Looks as though i'll have to get rid off some of my hard earned readies and buy a new beastie .

woodchip 23:47 16 Feb 2005

It's old printer not up to XP

pipedream 22:55 17 Feb 2005

Not true woodchip - you can download an XP driver from their website, or XP may detect it & install automatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?