Samsung Galaxy A8 review: Hands-on
Just changed the ink cartridge in the C44 and now get a message that the unit requires servicing. Will no longer print either.
quote, '.... parts inside your printer are at the end of their service life. Contact your dealer', unquote.
Anyone else had the same problem ?
Can I fix it without going to a dealer ?
Download this file extract from Zip and choose the right printer from dropdown list after starting the program click here
Problems with my Epson C40UX printer, the red and green light began flashing and a window popped up, saying, take it to your services center because some parts have reached the end of their life.
Printer companies set a “protection counter” on all printers , it’s an internal counter measuring the amount of ink wasted by head cleaning.
Reset the "protection counter" as well as clean the “waste ink pad overflow”.
1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer. Pry open the C40UX printer, careful not to break anything. Use a flat blade screwdriver to pry it apart; there are two-three tabs at the back and two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force pry apart the cover.
2. Next remove the two (2) waste ink pads. They are located at the back on the left hand side. I used the flat blade screwdriver to lift up the ink pads (they were soaked). Please use rubber gloves as it gets very messy.
3. Next wash them with just plain hot water until they are white again. I just let the hot water run on them (the pads are about three inches long).
4. Once washed dry them using a hair drier. (you could place it the sun for a few hours or on top of your heater or maybe in a heated oven; (make sure you do not set it on fire with too much heat).
5. Once dried place the pads back in the ink waste bin at the back of the printer.
6. Closed the printer cover and put back all the pieces and plug in the USB & power cable and turned it on. (Yes the lights are still flashing).
7. Go to this link and download this software: click here
8. Install the software and run it.
9. Select your printer and model number ( It only says C40 there is no UX, choose it anyway). It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
10. Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
11. Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
12. Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds. Plug it back in.
13. IT WORKS AGAIN.
Thanks csqwared, woodchip & Fruit Bat /\0/
Superb response from you guys.
I will have a go as advised
Change your printer to a HP
Go for the older type with the large 78 colour and 15 or 45 black cartridges
They are the Rolls Royce of printers
Built to last
QUALITY THROUGH AND THROUGH
Stay away from modern epsons all seem to have same problems
hard to get ink for the latest models
too much cleaning
too small a waste pad
nozzles dry fast when not being used (thats why they waste so much ink cleaning)
problems getting ink to flow after changing cartridges
not like the older heavier models epson used to make.No chips no problems
We all have our likes and dislikes and opinions
have a look here for a satisfied customer
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.