HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on
i have just bought the above printer on the internet auction ,yes that that one.
any way i got the cd and cables all that,but when i turn it on with the printers green light button,both green and red lights are flashing.
what can i do?
i have windows xp home edition.
no joy mate both light flashing still
both lights on usually an indication of the ink is low click here
have you used the interactive help tool on the epson site?
Checked it out against stalion link, it looks like you bought a dud
Problems with my Epson C42UX printer, the red and green light began flashing and a window popped up, saying, take it to your services center because some parts have reached the end of their life.
Printer companies set a “protection counter” on all printers , it’s an internal counter measuring the amount of ink wasted by head cleaning.
Reset the "protection counter" as well as clean the “waste ink pad overflow”.
1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer. Pry open the C40UX printer, careful not to break anything. Use a flat blade screwdriver to pry it apart; there are two-three tabs at the back and two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force pry apart the cover.
2. Next remove the two (2) waste ink pads. They are located at the back on the left hand side. I used the flat blade screwdriver to lift up the ink pads (they were soaked). Please use rubber gloves as it gets very messy.
3. Next wash them with just plain hot water until they are white again. I just let the hot water run on them (the pads are about three inches long).
4. Once washed dry them using a hair drier. (you could place it the sun for a few hours or on top of your heater or maybe in a heated oven; (make sure you do not set it on fire with too much heat).
5. Once dried place the pads back in the ink waste bin at the back of the printer.
6. Closed the printer cover and put back all the pieces and plug in the USB & power cable and turned it on. (Yes the lights are still flashing).
7. Go to this link and download this software: click here
8. Install the software and run it.
9. Select your printer and model number ( It only says C40 there is no UX, choose it anyway). It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
10. Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
11. Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
12. Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds. Plug it back in.
13. IT WORKS AGAIN.
Epsons are all the same follow these steps to fix!
1) uninstall your epson printer making sure printer switched off.
2) Hold the windows key on your keyboard and click the Puse/Break button, the System propoties dialog box will apear!
3) select Hardware, Device Manager select the connection type either Universal Serial Bus (USB) or PORTS (COM & LPT) select your printers driver (epson...etc..)it will probubly have a (!)by it click remove driver!
4) Restart your PC
5) Insert Epson CD into drive and load software when it says epson not found searching for connection the switch on your printer Windows will detect it and use the driver off the cdrom to install it! Click next then Finish.
6) Restart your pc.
7) It is recogmended you do a ink cartage nossle clean on your printer once a month and print a test page! for more details consult your user guide / service manual click here
thats way out of my league,but thanks any way.
i am getting error message"some of the epson parts are at the end of there servicible life"
remove screws from underneath printer,
lift cover will stick at rear prise tabs at rear with srew driver to fully remove cover.
do not remove anything except the waste ink pads, rear left of machine, they are just little "L " shape felt pads, wash out and dry then refit.
reassemble the printer, plug in and switch on leds will still flah rd and green.
run the software and rest counters usng the software answer yes when asked if pads renewed.
saved thank you
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.